Planning for Transition Workshop: Ensure Smooth Succession or Transfer of Your Farm
Saturday, April 6, 2019
9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Are you considering what to do with your farm or land when you're ready to retire or pass it on to the next generation? You are not alone!
There are lots of options and resources to assist you in the transition, succession, or transfer of your land, and this workshop can get you started down the path to the solutions that are right for you, your family, and your land!
Join us for a full-day workshop on Saturday, April 6 at the Clark State Community College in Springfield, OH to learn about:
- Several models of farm succession and transition
- Family communication strategies
- Resources to begin developing your transition plan
- Professionals and organizations that can assist you with your plans
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to better assess your situation, articulate goals for the future of your land, and develop a transition plan.
Workshop speakers include:
- Farmer Bill Agle will share his recent farm transition experience.
- Ross County Extension agent Chris Brunyis will provide expertise to help farmers navigate the process of communicating and planning for land transition, succession, or transfer in order to meet family, land management, and farming operation goals.
- Pete Foreman will discuss options for financial and estate planning.
Cost: $20 per person. Price includes lunch.
570 E. Leffel Ln.
Springfield, OH 45505
OEFFA: (614) 421-2022
OEFFA Certification: (614) 262-2022