Heartland Farm Beginnings Course
Sunday, October 6, 2019 through Sunday, February 9, 2020
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
OEFFA's flagship Begin Farming course is now accepting applications. Heartland Farm Beginnings® is a nationally field-tested, farmer-led, sustainable farm planning program.
The intensive, eight-part workshop series will enable farmers, with at least one year of production experience, to develop a whole farm plan through realistic goal setting, financial management, and assessment of resources, skills, and markets. Early career farmers will also receive the business planning tools necessary to successfully implement their plan.
The Heartland Farm Beginnings® program includes:
- 56 hours of farmer-led, community-based sustainable agriculture classroom education
- Course supplies (including a binder and reading materials)
- OEFFA Family Farm membership for one year
- Registration and lunches to attend the OEFFA conference (February 14-15, 2020)
- A passionate and like-minded cohort
- One-on-one mentorship with an experienced farmer, FSA Borrower Training Completion Certificate, and KIVA loan endorsement for qualified participants
- Guided development of a Growing Season Learning Plan
Cost: $1,000 ($1,200 for applications received after September 1, 2019) for up to two individuals from the same farm business working on the same business plan. Payment plans and partial scholarships of up to $500 are available.
Ready to learn more? Contact the Begin Farming Program Coordinator for an information packet including specific class topics, dates, and an application. Applications require a $75 deposit and will be accepted until September 20, 2019 or until the cohort fills.
41 Croswell Rd.
Columbus, OH 43214
OEFFA: (614) 421-2022
OEFFA Certification: (614) 262-2022