New Members Can Join OEFFA Now for a Chance to Attend the Conference for FREE!
OEFFA’s mission is to cultivate a future in which sustainable and organic farmers thrive, local food nourishes our communities, and agricultural practices protect and enhance our environment.
Last year we continued to walk the path to achieve our mission by:
- Supporting farmers transitioning their land to organic production with education and one-on-one technical assistance and mentoring, helping to convert 8,000 acres that will safeguard the natural resources on which we all depend
- Recommitting ourselves to ensuring equity across the food system by becoming the certifier for the most rigorous domestic fair trade label, Food Justice Certified
- Partnering with state lawmakers to craft the Family Farm ReGeneration Act, bi-partisan legislation which will help landowners transition their land to beginning farmers
Read OEFFA’s 2019 annual report to learn more about these and other ways we are making a difference for farmers, our communities, and the environment.
Together, we make OEFFA greater than the sum of its parts, and as 2020 and beyond bring us some of our greatest challenges, we need your support now more than ever.
If you’re not an OEFFA member, now is a great time to join! New and returning members who join OEFFA between now and September 25 will have a chance to win one FREE registration to OEFFA’s 42nd annual conference February 10-15!
In addition, all members receive:
- A subscription to OEFFA’s 24 page quarterly newsletter
- Free listings in our online local food and product directory, the Good Earth Guide, free classified ads in the newsletter, and free participation in OEFFA’s Seasonal Farm Job listings
- Invitations to OEFFA’s educational workshops, webinars, conference, summer farm tours, and other events
- Discounted admission to the annual conference and other events
- A monthly policy bulletin, policy updates, and advocacy opportunities
- Access to grower support, including services focused on beginning farmers and transitioning to organic
- Discounted rates for Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation payments (Ohio only) and access to OEFFA endorsement of Kiva Zip loan requests
- $25 off membership in the Organic Farmers Association for OEFFA certified organic farmers
- Access to an inspiring community of food and farm advocates helping to build a strong and sustainable food chain!
All new and former members who join or renew between now and September 25 will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win one FREE registration to OEFFA’s 42nd annual conference February 10-15! This special offer is a great opportunity to support OEFFA’s work and earn a chance to attend OEFFA’s online conference for FREE!
If you’re a current member of the OEFFA farmily, thank you! There are many other ways for you to support this work, including attending events, contacting your legislator, engaging with a chapter, mentoring a young farmer, making a donation, or certifying your farm.
Not sure if you’re a member? Contact OEFFA Member Care Associate Kristy Yonyon.